Pursuant to the conclusions of the European Council approved at the level of the heads of state and government of 28 member-states of the EU with participation of the President of Ukraine, it is expected that the following steps will have been made until Monday, June 30:
· Practical implementation of the peace plan of the President of Ukraine;
· The monitoring of the ceasefire supervised by the OSCE and effective control over the Ukrainian-Russian border in the area of the Counterterrorist operation;
· Return to the State Border Service of Ukraine of the three border checkpoints (Izvarino, Dolzhanskiy, Krasnopartizansk) and restoration of their functioning;
· Release of all hostages, including the OSCE observers.
The President of Ukraine held a meeting with security officials and continued the ceasefire regime until June 30, 22:00, on the basis of the NSDC decision №548/2014.
Following the meeting, Ukraine expects that in the course of the ceasefire, the following will take place:
· Closure of centers for the recruitment of mercenaries on the territory of the Russian Federation;
· Termination of movement of illegal armed groups in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Building of fortifications or constructions that will hamper the peaceful life of Donbas citizens will be considered as violation of the ceasefire regime.
In the event of failure to comply with the ceasefire regime, Ukraine reserves the right to early termination of the regime in areas where the ceasefire is not executed.
The mechanism of implementation of the given decision was discussed at the meeting with participation of Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada O. Turchynov, Head of the Security Service V. Nalyvaychenko, Acting Minister of Defense M. Koval, Minister of the Interior A. Avakov, Head of the State Border Service M. Lytvyn and Commander of the National Guard S. Poltorak.